A Meaningful Place Or Object In My Life

Response: I have an orange toy phone. It can be recorded, and people can listen to it. It was sent in a care package by my family to my orphanage in China, so I could hear my adoptive mom's voice when I was little. The story is that that phone was one of the first things about my family that I got so I knew what they sounded like. Of course now, the phone doesn't work anymore and the recording is long gone. But that was one of my first gifts from America, even before I was two years old. I cherish that phone a lot, knowing what the first thing my adoptive mom wanted me to know about, so I could recognize her voice. 

Summary: Today we read a Navajo story about the creation of the world. There was a lot of symbolism in the story, such as how North is darker than South, or how the Coyote was symbolizing Satan.

Reflection: I am very interested in how the Navajo stories have great symbolism to the Christian stories about creation and destruction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing a poem

Difference

Three Goals I Want To Achieve This Year